Freediving Course – Apnea Level 1
Single breath, How deep can you go?
The SSI Freediving program will take you deeper than you’ve ever been on a single breath, it will give you with opportunity to explore the ocean depths like never before.
Apnea Level 1 is for anyone with desire to explore, from the complete beginner to an experienced spearo, from anyone just wanting to snorkel the shallows to the extremist wanting to achieve great depths, the SSI freediving program will give you the foundation to reach your goals.
Freediving Course (Apnea Level 1)
Learn correct breathing techniques, familiarise yourself with diaphragm breathing and take a deep breath like you never have before. The SSI level 1 Freediving course gives you the basis and knowledge to partake in Freediving to depths of 20 metres in the most relaxed and safest manner possible.
You will develop skills necessary to train your body and mind to dive longer and deeper. Gain better respiration and muscle flexibility and learn new skills to take your Freediving to the next level.
Three Day Program
- Day 1:
- Day 2:
- Day 3:
- Ocean Dives
Three Day Program
Freediving Course Day One | 8am – 4pm | Theory and Confined Water
Interactive theory sessions covering topics such as your equipment, mammalian dive reflex, advanced equalisation, breathing and continued training give the knowledge to take you to great depths.
Freediving Course Day Two | 8am – 4pm | Confined Water and Ocean Dive
In this session you will spend time learning and or refining the basic practical skills of freediving. In a sport of seconds the slightest of streamlining, the perfect duck dive and correct fining technique can make all the difference. Through group and one on one sessions you will gain the ability and confidence to progress to what it’s all about, ocean exploration.
Freediving Course Day Three | Ocean Dives.
This is where it all comes together, using the knowledge and practical skill learnt over the past two days you will dive deeper longer and easier than ever before. With the guidance of your SSI Freediving Instructor and the variety of marine life found at Julian Rocks, such as three species of turtles, rays and over 1000 marine species, your freediving adventure is sure to be a safe and memorable experience.
Freediving Course $450
includes tuition, SSI Educational pack,pool entry fee, transport, three boat dives at Julian Rocks, mask, snorkel and long blade fin hire.
- Expert tuition
- SSI Educational Pack including Freediving manual and log book
- Transportation from our store to your training sites
- Confined Water training in a heated pool
- Three ocean dives at Julian Rocks within the Cape Byron Marine Park, Byron Bay, Australia
- Equipment hire (to enhance your experience and comfort it is recommended you purchase your own equipment)
- Lunch (you will be given lunch breaks each day to purchase food in Byron CBD, alternatively a fridge is available onsite to store food).
- You must complete and sign a medical questionnaire
- You must be able to swim
- Persons under 18 must have guardians permission (waiver and medical must be signed prior to course commencement)
Continuing your adventure
- Charter trips to various locations can be arranged through the BBDC office.
- Further courses are in development e.g. Apnea 2, Apnea 3 and Freediving photography.
2013 Course dates
- Courses for Juanuary and Febuary will be running every Friday to Sunday consecutively*.
- Courses need to be run on three consecutive days, ring and speak to our friendly freediving experts to book a course that suits your time frame.
*Min number of 4 students is required for course to run.