Take your diving to the next step and join us on 5 different specialty dives. This course will leave you feeling more comfortable in a range of skills and certified to dive up to 30m.
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Please contact us for the next scheduled course
- Check in at our dive store
- Must be over 18 years of age
- 12 day course
- Maximum 8 students per instructor
BECOME A DIVEMASTER
The SSI Divemaster course is the entry point into your professional diving career. The Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, water skills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities.
Communication, presentation and effective teaching techniques are some of the important skills learnt in this professional qualification. Additionally, you will be required to assist complete beginners in their open water course along with students who are undergoing continued education and conduct reactivate courses.
As a Divemaster you will be expected to mentor and motivate other divers through their own dive career so it is vital that you have the background knowledge and practical understanding with which to do so.
Your course includes:
- Full equipment hire*, although we recommend you at least own your own snorkeling system
- 10% off all full price dive equipment.
- Tuition from an experienced dive professional
- Course materials
- SSI membership fee
- Up to 10 dives
- Additional dives at a discounted rate 7 days before and after your course
Please bring with you:
- Swimwear and a towel
- Proof of Advanced Open Water and Rescue certifications
- Proof of 40 logged dives (You will require 60 on completion)
- Proof of current first aid, O2 administration and CPR certificates**
- Any of your own dive equipment
- Current dive medical
We recommend booking all courses in advance as we can become very busy, especially in peak times.
2021 Course Dates:
15th-26th March | 17th-28th May | 19th-30th July | 13th-24th September | 15th-26th November
Disclaimer: Please note a dive medical is required for all students completing the divemaster certification. All medicals must be completed prior to the first day of the course. For all courses, all participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the ocean. It is required that you can speak and understand English. Please see our passenger policy for more details.
*On completion of your course in order to gain certification it is a SSI requirement that at a minimum you must own your own; timing device, compass, knife/ divers tool and two surface signalling devices. It is recommended that these items are purchased prior to commencement of your course, please contact us to discuss possible package deals.
**Please note it is a requirement that you have a current first aid and CPR certificate to be certified as a divemaster. Please contact us if you do not have this as we run regular courses at our dive shop.