Get certified to dive up to 18m anywhere in the world! This course will provide you with thorough training to get you comfortable diving independent of a dive professional.
FREEDIVING COURSE – LEVEL 1
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Courses run once a month (Friday-Sunday)
- Check our tour times for next available course
- Check in at our dive store
- Not suitable for children under 12 years
- 3 day course
- Maximum 4 students per instructor
THE ART OF DIVING
The SSI Freediving Level 1 program will take you deeper than you’ve ever been on a single breath, it will give you the opportunity to explore the ocean depths like never before.
Freediving Level 1 is for anyone with desire to explore, from the complete beginner to an experienced spearo, from anyone just wanting to snorkel the shallows to the extremist wanting to achieve great depths, the SSI freediving program will give you the foundation to reach your goals.
This course will certify you to comfortably and safely dive to depths of up to 20m on one single breath.
Your Course Includes:
- Full equipment hire
- Training day in our heated onsite pool
- Online theory training available in 30 different languages
- Half day of theory revision
- 3 x dives at Julian Rocks*
- Certification on completion of course
- 10% off storewide throughout course
Please bring with you:
- Any of your own equipment (if owned)
- Own wetsuit (ideally full length 2-3mm thickness)**
We recommend booking all courses in advance as you will need to complete prior online theory and we can become very busy, especially in peak times.
Disclaimer: Please note that for all courses you will require a dive medical if you are under 15 years of age or aged 45 years and over. You may also require a dive medical if you have a medical condition. Please contact us prior to booking to discuss if a medical will be required. All medicals must be completed prior to the first day of the course. For all courses, all participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the ocean. It is required that you can speak and understand English for all courses. Please see our passenger policy for more details.
*Please note that weather and ocean conditions can vary and sometimes become unsuitable for diving at Julian Rocks. If this occurs, alternate dive sites within the region may be used for training dives.
**If you do not own your own wetsuit you will have access to our 5mm wetsuits however a thinner wetsuit is recommended for comfort purposes when freediving.