Julian Rocks is one of the few snorkel sites where you can swim with tropical species found on the Great Barrier Reef as well as animals from Australia’s deep Southern Ocean.
- A range of tour times available (times vary by season)
- Check in at our dive store
- Not suitable for children under 5 years
- All participants must be able to swim
- Up to 1 hour in the water snorkelling
- Whole tour duration 2.5 hours
SNORKEL BYRON BAY’S JULIAN ROCKS MARINE RESERVE
If diving is not your thing then join us for a snorkel tour to Julian Rocks Marine Reserve where you will be amazed at the range of marine life you will encounter. From friendly sea turtles to wobbegong sharks, graceful rays and an abundance of colourful fish, there is always plenty of marine life to be spotted!
Our snorkel site combines marine life found in the deep Southern Ocean as well as that found in the tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef! Julian Rocks is a snorkel site you do not want to miss. Come create memories that will last a lifetime and don’t forget your camera!
Your Tour Includes:
- Full equipment hire (fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit)
- Free snorkel lesson in our on-site heated training pool
- Optional camera hire
- The boat ride to Julian Rocks
- Snorkel guide for the duration of your snorkel
- Transport to and from the dive store to the launch site
Please bring with you:
- Underwater camera (optional)
- You are welcome to bring any equipment of your own
We recommend booking all tours in advance as we can become very busy, especially in peak times. It is advisable to book your tour at the beginning of your holiday window in case of a cancellation due to unsuitable conditions.
Disclaimer: This tour may not be suitable for individuals with serious medical conditions. Please inform staff members of this before booking. If you suffer from seasickness we recommend taking precautions prior to the tour. Your safety and enjoyment during our tour is our number one priority. Weather and ocean conditions can vary and sometimes become unsuitable, all tours are subject to appropriate conditions. For more details please check our passenger policy.