Take your diving to the next step and join us on 5 different specialty dives. This course will leave you feeling more comfortable in a range of skills and certified to dive up to 30m.
SSI INSTRUCTOR CROSSOVER PROGRAM
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Check in at our dive store
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be a qualified scuba instructor
- 2 day course
BECOME AN SSI INSTRUCTOR
The SSI Instructor crossover program is conducted over 2 days with one of our Instructor Trainers, with a series of in-water and classroom presentations as well as a watermanship test. We have no student minimum and have small class sizes.
The intent of the SSI Instructor Crossover program is to provide an orientation to SSI philosophies and procedures to dive instructors from other recognized scuba training agencies. It provides the knowledge and skills needed to conduct SSI programs equivalent to their existing qualifications in a safe and enjoyable manner. Upon completion you will be certified as an SSI Open Water Instructor corresponding to your previous certification and experience with your other agency.
Since you already have done your instructor training with another agency, you already know how to teach divers. Therefore, our main goal during the course will be to make you knowledgeable and comfortable with SSI Programs, products and services, so that you may confidently teach SSI courses.
- Instructor rating from another recognised diver training agency; WRSTC member agencies and federations included but are not limited to: NAUI, PADI, SDI, TDI/SDI, IANTD, CMAS or BSAC.
- Current First Aid (within 24 months).
- Current CPR and Oxygen Provider certificates (within 12 months).
- Current Australian Dive Medical (within 12 months).
- Once you have booked in for your course there is some home-study to complete prior to arrival.
Your course includes:
- Full equipment hire*, although we recommend you have your own.
- 10% off all full price dive equipment.
- Tuition from an experienced Instructor Trainer.
- SSI Digital Course Materials.
- SSI Pro Registration.
- Additional dives at a discounted rate 7 days before and after your course.
Please bring with you:
- Swimwear and a towel
- Proof of Instructor rating
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR and Oxygen Provider Certificates
- Any of your own dive equipment
- Dive Medical
2019 Course Dates:
- August 29-30th, 2019
- September 23-24th, 2019
- October 28-29th, 2019
- November 25-26th, 2019
We recommend booking all courses in advance as we can become very busy, especially in peak times, please contact the office directly to make a booking.
Disclaimer: Please note a dive medical is required for all students completing the crossover course. All medicals must be completed prior to the first day of the course. For all courses, all participants must be able to swim and be comfortable in the ocean. It is required that you can speak and understand English. Please see our passenger policy for more details.
**Please note it is a requirement that you have current first aid and CPR certificates to be certified as an SSI Instructor. Please contact us if you do not have this as we run regular courses at our dive shop.